Sunday, May 22, 2005

What I like about a Sunday church service


I go to church almost every Sunday. I am never keen about it. In fact, I would have skipped many church services if not for the necessity of accompanying my deeply religious wife. My mind wanders during most of the liturgy and I get restless. (My wife often complains about my deep sighs and fidgeting). Interesting thing is that after every church service, I am glad that I attended it. Why? First, there are portions of the service I make special effort to concentrate on. One is the prayer for the departed, which makes me remember my father, favorite uncles, aunts etc. The thanksgiving prayer forces me appreciate what I have. I enjoy the Gospel readings (I marvel at the wisdom and clarity of the teachings of Jesus Christ). Occasionally, I may even listen to the sermon of our well-liked Reverend (he tends to read his sermons making them hard to listen to). I love listening to the singing of my daughter who has a beautiful voice. After the service, I enjoy talking to my business partner who also attends the same church.

No wonder I am never disappointed after attending church!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home