Thursday, October 20, 2005

I am ashamed!

The recovery efforts after the horrible earthquake in Pakistan is front page news. I find the pictures accompanying them so heartbreaking that I lose courage to read the stories behind them. There was a picture of a cute nine year old girl, who lost a limb, looking at the camera with tears in her eyes. Both her parents had perished in the earthquake. Another picture showed a young lady who lost her leg, crying in pain as the hospital does not have strong pain medication. It is too upsetting for me to hear more about the human tragedy there. I am ashamed of my cowardice and helplessness.

(I notice that there is hardly any mention of this tragedy in the ‘blogsphere’. Plamegate, Harriet Miers and President Bush are fun topics to comment on while the Pakistan earthquake is not!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home