Sunday, November 13, 2005

Me, the Superman!

Every second week of the month, my wife and I serve as ushers at the Sunday service of our church. It is a task I do not like particularly; but my wife loves it as it gives her a sense of ‘serving’. Anyway, today I was doing my usual routine of releasing the worshippers at each pew to go for the communion at the altar. A frail elderly lady, in her eighties, got up slowly and suddenly tripped over the kneel bar of the pew. She was on her way to falling to the floor when I caught her -- like a ‘catch’ in a cricket match. She was light as a feather in my arms, and I had no difficulty in putting her back on her feet. I felt like a superman saving a damsel from imminent danger.
One more good deed for my guardian angel to remind me about. Like it is in the movie ‘It is a wonderful life’ (‘There, it is Mrs. Smith in the hospital bed with a broken hip, because you were not born!’).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home