Friday, June 22, 2012

Anguish of the accused


Baseball star Robert Clemens was found not guilty of the charges of lying to the Congress about the use of performance enhancement drugs. The case against ex-Senator john Edwards charging him for violation of campaign financing laws was also thrown out recently.  Legal experts are not surprised at these verdicts as both the charges were based on questionable evidence (Clemens) or interpretation of the law (Edwards). ‘The case is closed and it is time to move on’. Few realize the turmoil (mental and financial) the accused had to undergo before being let go. I got a sample of it when I was audited by the IRS last year. I had a few anxious weeks, and a sizable bill from my accountant, before the IRS cleared me 100%!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home