Friday, June 16, 2006

World Cup fever

Like billions of people in the world, I have World Cup fever. I watch most of the matches shown on T.V. with great interest, and am quite irritable if there is any interruption to it. I am not a fan of any country, although a good USA performance can cheer me up. (Unfortunately, USA may be eliminated in the first round itself). Teams from Brazil, Germany and Argentina are in a class by themselves, and I expect one of them to win the cup. My bet will be on Germany as they have a well disciplined and balanced team.
In USA, most of the ‘local's do not like soccer because they find it slow moving without many goals scored in a match. They do not feel the anticipation and excitement in every pass and set plays in a soccer game, like we soccer fans do. They want a ‘wham, bam, thank you madam!’ instead of a long foreplay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home