Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blind ambition?

I am very sorry to hear that Elizabeth Edwards, wife of John Edwards, has been diagnosed with cancer at stage 4 which is the final stage of the progression of cancer in ones body. Of all the spouses of the Presidential candidates in 2004, I liked Elizabeth the best as she came across quite genuine (no plastic surgery, not on perennial diet, no fancy wardrobe, so on). I am amazed at how calm, and even cheerful, both the Edwards looked in their news conference today. I guess it is a trait of politicians. Nothing appears to rattle them. They also have a strong desire for power, and determination to achieve it whatever the obstacles may be. This may come across as ‘blind ambition’ to many. So, I understand John Edwards’s decision to continue with his Presidential campaign. Still, I feel that he should give up his campaign for Presidency, and concentrate on his family in the coming months. Democrats have strong and highly capable candidates for Presidency this time. He is not going to be missed, unless Hilary and Obama destroy each other in their campaigns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home