Sunday, January 06, 2008

Worrying for Obama

Looks like Senator Barack Obama is going to win the New Hampshire Primary election also, after his stunning victory in Iowa. If that happens, he is certain to win the next election in South Carolina also. The reason? – Over 50% of the electorate in S. Carolina is Blacks who will support him (They will not want to be caught on the wrong side of history having voted for the ‘white lady’!). That will finish off Hilary Clinton’s challenge for the nomination (it is almost impossible to make a ‘come back’ after three high profile defeats in a row). As the Democratic candidate for Presidency, Obama would blow away the Republican opposition, whoever it may be. This means that Obama will be sworn in as the new President of USA in January 2009! I am so looking forward to that day. But I am worried that someone will resort to the only way to stop Obama now – by violence. With so many crazies with guns freely moving around in this country, this is quite possible. (I understand the main reason Colin Powell (a black general) did not run for Presidency in 2000 was that his wife was so much against him risking his life!). I am worried. (My wife does not call me a 'worrier' for no reason!)

(By the way, Obama’s Iowa victory speech was a classic – the best I have ever heard ‘live’!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home