Saturday, May 01, 2010

The person I cannot resist

I am a fussy buyer who takes time and changes mind a few times before buying anything unusual. Yesterday, a girlish looking young man knocked on my door with a book of tickets for a movie theater nearby. For politeness sake, I patiently listened to his pitch of getting tickets at a fraction of their actual price. I had no intention of buying them as I knew that I would never get to see thirty movies in a year even if it is free. Therefore, I used my usual ploy of provoking the salesman with some annoying questions challenging the veracity of his claims. But this did not appear to upset the salesman, and he answered them all very patiently. So I decided to get out of the corner I am getting into, with an abrupt ‘I am not interested’. I expected the salesman to leave in a huff, angry about having wasted his time. To my utter surprise this salesman responded with a pleasant , ‘OK. I will be around in the neighborhood until 8 PM if you change your mind’. I stared at him for a few seconds and asked, ‘how much should I pay?’ Anyone who is that patient , and good in accepting rejection and disappointments, is a person I cannot resist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home