Sunday, June 20, 2010

One compliment a day!

At the fitness center I go, men and women take turns in using various exercise machines. Yesterday, I followed a young woman to a forearm exercise machine. As I bent down to increase the weight of the exercise, as it is always the case when you follow a woman, I was surprised to find that the weight was the same as mine. This was truly remarkable as on that machine I can do barely ten repeats. (No, I am not that old yet to be weaker than young women!) So, despite her impassive face (most ladies have that at fitness centers), I smiled at her and commented that I am impressed that she can do what I barely can. Her surprised look turned into a broad smile, and she mumbled something in return. Later I saw her working out on other machines with a beaming face.

The easiest way to make a person happy is to compliment that person. It does not cost you anything, and the amazing thing is that you also feel good seeing the happiness you created. I think I am going to add ‘One compliment a day’ to my New Year resolutions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home